Drinking coffee is a great way to get together with family and friends! As we sip and share conversations, it lifts our moods, relieves stress and enhances our performance in a ton of ways! So the next time you’re looking for something to relax or cheer you up, start up that keurig machine and grab yourself a cup of joe. Here's 10 great benefits you may not have known about coffee:
1. Around A.D. 1000, Arab traders brought coffee beans home from Africa and started boiling them into a drink they called qahwa. Translation: “that which prevents sleep.”
2. Espresso is simply the act of shooting pressurized, hot water through finely ground coffee.
3. Coffee helps you learn better, improves physical performance, and helps you stay alert at work!
4. African tribes used to mix coffee berries with fat which formed edible "energy balls"!
5. If you don't add cream or sugar, there's practically zero calories in every cup!
6. Coffee can help protect your skin and ease headaches!
7. The world consumes close to 1.6 billion cups of coffee every day!
8. Coffee is the 2nd most traded commodity.
9. Drinking 3-4 cups a day is just fine and may even help prevent cancer!
10. Coffee is the No. 1 source of antioxidants and decaf still has all those same antioxidants!